TThe University of Bath (UoB) is one of the country’s leading academic institutions, and a complex business with nearly 19,000 students. Not only is UoB ranked in the top ten percent in the world but was recently named University of the Year in the UK.
Over the last ten years, we have invested over £450m in our stunning campus, with cutting edge teaching and sporting facilities, and market leading technology enabled accommodation. This desire for continuous improvement is now focusing on digital capabilities, as we push into a new era of digital innovation to maintain our position at the forefront of academia.
With a new multi-million-pound digital strategy in flight and new technology solutions being adopted all the time, we are seeking an established thought leader in the field of cyber and information security. As our Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), you will be responsible for the resilience of our technology estate and digital solutions.
Key deliverables will include
- Working across our large and complex organisation to grow awareness of security principles, articulating the positive impact that adoption will bring.
- Devising the security strategy in harmony with the University’s business objectives, delivering improvement plans, cultural change and enhancing security posture.
- Building, leading, and coaching and mentoring an exceptional and talented team of security professionals.
- Bringing strategic vision to cyber security decision making and growing the capability and understanding of the function to deliver it.
- In collaboration with the Data and Technology team, ensuring the robustness and security of the technology estate across the University.
- Implementing appropriate security governance and controls frameworks.
- Assessing build vs buy capabilities and appropriateness – advising and guiding the leadership team accordingly.
- Balancing convenience with security in collaboration with a huge array of stakeholders in a complex and cutting-edge research context.
- Designing and building secure new environments to enable and empower research and innovation within a protective and ringfenced setting.
The CISO is an exciting role with a broad and demanding remit that is a critical member of the Digital, Data and Technology leadership team. With access to some incredible people from all corners of our organisation, you will be expected to collaborate, listen and engage. Ideally, you will be a member of a professional chartered security body, possess advanced certifications such as CISSP or CISM and be a thought leader on cyber security within an award-winning institution.
We seek candidates with not only exceptional strategic security knowledge, but those who embody ambition, collaboration and innovation. As our new CISO, you will cement your own career and reputation as a market leading security professional whilst directly enhancing the safety and security of a major learning and research organisation supporting the futures of thousands of young people.
Please note the timeline may be subject to change.
Application Closing date
Friday 3rd November 2023
Tuesday 7th November 2023
21st - 23rd November 2023