The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) exists to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive, and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well, they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leaders and governments with challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people.
Our global team of 450+ people focus on solving some of the biggest challenges of our time, from the tech revolution to climate change. Our teams, who work across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and North America are empowered to make change every single day, by delivering policy, strategy and delivery advice to our government partners.
Our most recent achievements and work include:
- The launch of The Tomorrow Partnership: our work with political leaders and governments to bring tech and digital solutions to their biggest challenges, because we believe tomorrow will belong to those who responsibly harness the power of technology for the good of all people;
- Our globally important work through The Global Health Security Consortium: an initiative established in response to Covid-19 to provide insight, analysis and support to leaders around the world to help them deal with Covid-19 and prepare for health security challenges for tomorrow;
- Our commitment to net-zero: we continue to make the case for an inclusive transition to net zero – one that recognises the unique needs of low- and middle-income countries alongside developed economies, and that focuses on pace, people, fairness, technology, markets and communities; and
- Providing extensive commentary in response to the war in Ukraine: we have drawn out both the path to ending the conflict and the wider geopolitical lessons for the West.
In response to the recognition or our contribution, the last eighteen months has seen the Institute more than double in size and our geographical footprint increase to over 25 countries. Our growth plans continue alongside our ambitions for societal contribution and, as part of our global expansion, we require a new, market leading Director of Information & Technology. This greenfield role will take us on a multi-faceted change journey that will touch every corner of our organisation and ensure that we are ready for our ever more exciting future.
Reporting to our Executive Director, People and Operations and as a key member of the leadership team, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing our complex international business, current technology estate, and business needs, to provide a clear picture of our estate and processes.
- Based upon this, formulating and delivering a new technology transformation strategy that moves us away from legacy to new technologies that will support our growth ambitions.
- Designing, building, and leading a highly capable and multi-disciplinary team whilst ensuring business continuity.
- Leading and navigating a thrilling cloud transformation journey, including engaging with partners to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective services.
- Embedding a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Engaging with a wide range of stakeholders across our organisation to understand business needs as part of building a world class digital, data and technology function for the future.
- Acting as our technology thought leader to drive understanding, adoption, and appreciation of new and innovative ways of working.
- Minimise our exposure to security risk and bring new governance and a robustness to our processes and systems.
- Work with our current supplier landscape to understand delivery and performance as part of formulating a new and blended model.
- Work autonomously and energetically in both hands-on and strategic ways.
This incredible role blends the opportunity to work with some of the brightest and most brilliant stakeholders imaginable, whilst designing and building a world-class greenfield technology function in all its facets. As our successful Director of Information & Technology, you will benefit from support and investment to empower your success, whilst enjoying the trust and autonomy to deliver our transformation as an expert in your field.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits and central London office space, in addition to the opportunity to work alongside an incredible and highly talented team of individuals.
Application Closing date
Tuesday 2nd August 2022
Friday 5th August
Global Resourcing Interviews
w/c 8th August
Friday 19th August
w/c 22nd August